The first telephone line was built by Charles Anderson and connected his stores in Lynch with Anderson’s landing
Will Tonner built a line north of town and had the switch located in his drug store.
Boyd County Telephone Corporation was incorporated
Acquired: Home Telephone Co. (Lynch), Verdel Community Telephone Co. (Verdel), and Farm and Home Telephone Co. (Naper).
1957 – 1960
Acquired: Applecreek Telephone Co. (Redbird); Dorsey Telephone Co. (Dorsey); Springview Telephone Exchange (Keya Paha County); as well as many farmer owned lines and the Mills & Burton systems. Finally the Johnstown Telephone Co. (Johnstown).
Aerial Lines & New Dial Switchboards
Brick office in Lynch was constructed as the new office headquarters
Changed the name from Boyd County Telephone Company to Three River Telco
All lines were buried and new digital switchboards – 100% one-party service
Began payment of Capital Credits
First dial-up internet customer
Annual Meeting in September, voted to approve the overbuild in Ainsworth, NE.
First Ainsworth customer came online in Spring providing voice and ADSL internet
Purchased the Analog Cable systems in Ainsworth, Long Pine, O’Neill and Valentine, NE.
Finished Fiber-to-the-home project in the ILEC, over 300 miles of buried fiber optics cable
Upgraded from Analog Cable TV to Digital IP Cable TV
Overbuild Fiber in O’Neill for business customers
Board voted that Members could have stand-alone internet and not require a land-line phone
Installed a Soft Switch for Voice Subscribers and started Fiber overbuild in Ainsworth and O’Neill in October
Remodeled building in O’Neill for new headend and office